The Social Hackademy #hackAD project wants to foster digital skills and competences of young people from disadvantaged background by implementing collaborative educational activities based on the Social Hackademy co-creation methodology.
The project aims to empower young people (age 16-29) from disadvantaged backgrounds by helping them acquire and develop digital skills to find digital solutions to social challenges and improve trainers’ capacity to foster digital skills of youth at risk of social and digital exclusion. This will be done through the setting up of Social Hackademy Labs and the organisation of a Social Hackathon in four European countries: Croatia, France, Greece, and Italy.
The project focuses on digital co-creation, technology and education for empowerment and social mobility of disadvantaged young people, through the scaling up of the Social Hackathon Umbria (SHU), a good practice implemented at local level by project partner EGInA .
The #hackAD project will be implemented by partners from five European countries (Belgium, Italy, Greece, Croatia and France) and will produce the following key results:
- Social Hackademy methodology addressed to teachers and youth workers
- Trainers Handbook for the implementation of Social Hackademy Methodology
- Course delivered on Native Mobile App Development, Web Design, and Visual and Graphic Design
- Social Hackademy Online Platform integrating at least ten different services and tools
- At least 16 trainers (4 trainers per piloting country) working in the field of digital skills with young people trained in the Social Hackademy Methodology delivering innovative, project-based and collaborative digital training for social impact
- Social Hackademy Labs established in Italy, Greece, France, and Croatia through multi-stakeholder local and national partnerships
- At least 120 young people (30 students per piloting country aged 16-29) from disadvantaged background trained through an in-depth 100 hours modular and blended training course in the field of creative digital contents’ creation
- Social hackathon organised in four project countries involving young people and multidisciplinary teams using a co-creation methodology
- At least 16 digital solutions matched to the Sustainable development goals developed by the co-creation teams during the hackathons
PL2030 will contribute to the dissemination of this project – watch out for it at Generation Code 2021!