The digital transformation is changing the role of libraries and library professionals, and it’s not always easy to understand and adapt to it. Our Biblio aims to analyse the library sector, to highlight skills gap, changes and needs, and to support the librarianship in gaining new skills and developing new innovative services.
How will Biblio address this issue?
Some of the first-rate activities are:
- Analyze the training needs and offers on the library sector;
- Identify a set of emerging job role profiles;
- Create modular VET curriculum addressing EQF level 5 will be designed, applying a specific VET methodology based on learning outcomes and on the blended learning principles;
- Deliver VET curricula based on a set of digital Open Educational Resources;
- Acquire more than 40 digital and transversal competences;
- Design targeted teaching activities to provide the users with adequate skills for being the new professional digital curators.
Some outcomes of the above activities will be a MOOC and a Specialization Training Course including face-to-face, virtual learning, project-based learning and a work-based learning phase.
Training will be delivered via a dedicated online platform that stimulates sharing and exchange of knowledge, experiences and best practices. Work-based learning phase will be based on the principle of inter-generational learning. European instruments (EQF, ECVET and EQAVET) will be applied, facilitating the recognition and validation of qualifications. Job role profiles will be mapped to ESCO and e-CF.
Biblio will have a significant impact mostly on library professionals, unemployed people in the library sector and libraries, by enabling them to manage and offer innovative digital tools and services for users.
Our project will guide you in challenging, understanding and solving library problems and gaps by facilitating the acquisition of digital and transversal skills for library and cultural heritage professionals.
BIBLIO brings together the University of Bari Aldo Moro, the Central Institute for the Union Catalogue of Italian Libraries and Bibliographic Information, European Grants International Academy, the University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Global Libraries Bulgaria Foundation, Data Media Group, the Culture Information Systems Centre, the DAISSy Research group of the Hellenic Open University, ALL DIGITAL, and us! We will be leading on the needs analysis phase and participating in the communication and dissemination work!