Public Libraries 2030 (PL2030) is an international not-for-profit association driven by the vision of a world where public libraries are a dynamic and inclusive space accessible to all. We aim to re-ignite a European spirit of collaboration, encourage an exchange of ideas, and foster informed, representative, and enlightened collaboration between libraries, policymakers and stakeholders. We advocate for public libraries to be seen as engaged actors that can support the delivery of EU objectives around democracy, social inclusion, and lifelong learning.
We are looking for a Project Officer to join our team in Brussels. We’re looking for someone who is driven by democratic values and is motivated to explore how Europe’s 65,000 libraries can help to solve big societal challenges. You’ll need to be proactive, flexible and organised. Working with a small team of two means you’ll be able to get stuck into various aspects of PL2030’s work and quickly gain responsibility.
The successful candidate will contribute to the work of the PL2030 team in the following areas:
- Support the management of EU-funded projects under the Erasmus+, Horizon Europe and Creative Europe programmes
- Contribute to the development of PL2030’s networks and democracy-driven activities
- Contribute to content and logistical aspects of events including workshops, panels, and other conferences as part of EU-funded projects
- Support the PL2030 team with events and activities
- Support PL2030 governance mechanisms including Board meetings, taking minutes, and other administrative activities
- Supporting fundraising activities
- Academic background in a relevant field.
- Good understanding of EU institutions and decision-making processes.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Strong organisational skills particularly in relation to organising events.
- Ability to juggle different activities, prioritise and adapt.
- Right to live and work in Belgium.
- Desire to learn and a can-do attitude!
We are looking for someone who could start on 1st September 2021 for a long-term contract.
Net salary approximately 1700 euros/month with travel allowance and lunch vouchers.
Please send your CV and a 1 page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close 09 July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.